I absolutely love how these turned out! We made these robot snacks for my youngest daughters soccer team when it was our turn to take snack. How dare a bunch of 5yr old kids tear into my beautiful little robots… (kidding). The parents thought they were adorable. Mom of the year award goes to… ME! Yay! Just kidding.
These robot snacks can be made as healthy
unhealthy as you would like to make them! I tried to steer clear of a bunch of junkish food. However, I do like giving the kids a treat after all that good teamwork they show. They are pretty simple to make and you can recruit your children to help you as I’m sure they will love it as well. The inspiration to make this snack came from this juice box robot snack.
If you try this recipe and change things up a bit, be sure to let us know how so when we make them again we can try your ideas too.
Robot Snack Recipe
- 1-10 pack of Hi-C juice boxes (flavor of your choice)
- 1 pack of plastic spoons
- 2-6 packs of applesauce cups (we used cinnamon)
- 1 package of small boxes of raisins (we used yogurt covered raisins)
- 1 bag of individual wrapped kit kat bars (or whatever you would like to use for arms)
- 1 permanent marker
- Double sided tape (we used regular tape and folded it over)
- Set 2 boxes of raisins with back corners touching and the front open to make a pac man face and put a piece of double sided tape across the back of them to tape them together.
- Set juice box on top of the tape on the raisin boxes (feet).
- Put a piece of double sided tape on the top of the applesauce cup and flip it over and put it on top of the juice box.
- Tape the kit kat bars to the side of the juice box (body) to make the arms.
- Tape the spoon to the back of the applesauce cup (head) and make sure to leave it sticking up at the top as an antenna.
- Draw the face on with a permanent marker.